Few things fill our hearts with joy like pets, but there is a flipside to this – we worry about the furry members of our family just as much as we do our own children.
There are certain things that should always be taking into consideration when animals share a house, and this guide will discuss how you can ensure your home is devoid of danger.
If you’re bringing a pet into your home, or moving to a new family dwelling, you’ll need to ensure that no ill fortune will befall them. Here is some generic advice on how you can keep every member of your family safe, whether they stand on two legs or four.
- American Humane are dedicated to the safety of animals, and they have some great advice on how to keep inquisitive animals – including puppies and kittens – from getting themselves into trouble in the home.
- Family Handyman is a blog that’s packed with hints and tips for keeping a home safe for animals.
- Petful have bags of advice on keeping a home safe for a new, non-human arrival.
- Animal World go into some detail on all the hazards – be they in plain sight of hidden – that any pet will be able to locate in the home, while the The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) has collated a list of all poisonous chemicals that can be found in the home.
- OVO Energy is a UK-based electrical supplier, but the advice they on keeping pets safe from electrical hazards in the home is truly universal.
- The American Red Cross provides essential information on how to help your pets if there’s a fire in your home. PETA, meanwhile, offer guidance to how you can keep your pet safe during a natural disaster.
- Finally, Good Housekeeping magazine summarizes the ways that pets can place risks upon humans.
You can find out more about keeping pets safe in the home by visiting the following link: https://householdquotes.co.uk/keeping-pets-safe/