Do you have a pet suffering from
Learn all about the best dog allergy treatments you can use to help your best Buddy
Treatment options for pets with allergies
Allergies are very common in dogs. Try Googling "Dog Allergies" in Google and you will see over 20 million site searches. The sad news is, that there is no dog allery treatment that can offer a permanent cure for allergies in dogs.
However, what you can do is to take your dog to your family vet, or if you wish to go down the holistic track do some research as to what is causing dog's allergies; and then sort out the best possible treatment for him or her. Like us, all dogs are different and it will be a matter of trial and error initially, but certainly worth while in the end.
You could start by:
- Adding pre-biotics and digestive emzymes to your dog's diet.
- Ascertain what foods your dog is allergic to, and only feed it allergy free dog food.
- When starting dog allergy treatment we recommend allergy free dog products.
- Decrease your dog's exposure to external allergens.
Eliminating of allergens from your dog's environment is a challenge, and in many ways is pretty much the same as treating a child or family member who suffers from allergies.
Here's a list of helpful tips for dog allergy treatment
- Always keep a bottle of benadryl liquid or a tube of benadryl cream on hand - you can get these as over the counter medicines at most pharmacies.
- If your pooch is suffering from stress or anxiety do take a look at our Natural Pet Chinese Herbal Blend "Calm" to support his system through the healing process.
- Dust frequently with a damp cloth.
- Run air filters regularly.
- Keep windows closed.
- Dont smoke inside or in your dog's presence.
- After mopping your floors, always rinse twice.
- Consider purchasing an Allergy free dog bed and make sure you wash its blankets and other bedding with a perfume free detergent. Always use very hot water, and rinse twice.
- Only use cotton fabric for your dog's bedding.
- Put a cotton wrap-over on any chairs or sofas where your dog sleeps.
- Don't leave your pet in a dusty garage or damp basement.
- Always collect grass cuttings after you have mowed your lawns, and rinse your dog's feet after its been walking on cut grass.
- Keep your pet inside during early mornings and late afternoons when pollen counts are high.
- Avoid putting cedar chips anywhere near your dog's bed.
- Use ceramic, glass or stainless steel feeding and drinking bowls rather than plastic or synthetic.
Natural dog allergy treatment for dogs with allergies
- If your pet's allergy is food based, try an elimination diet, or consider swapping from dried foods to raw meats and include steamed vegies in its diet.
- Try sprinkling a few drops coconut oil over each meal - coconut oil is particularly good for itchy skin and hair loss.
- Pre-biotics - ideal for dogs which are experiencing diarrhea from allergies.
- Pet cod liver oil
- Omega 3
- Medicated shampoos and conditioners.
- Feed your pet allergy-free dog food
Flower healing essences
Flower Healing Essences are a natural, simple and totally safe method of healing humans and animals alike, albeit the primary focus of this article is using flower healing essences for healing dogs.
Flower essences are liquid extracts of flowers, which are prepared by qualified practitioners to treat the emotional, mental and spiritual nature of their patients rather than their physical bodies.
And finally readers who would care to explore the enormous benefits of treating a stressed out dog with flower essences please click Flower Essences Holistic Care For Dogs.
As a family we regularly use "Natural Pet Chinese Herbal Blend "Calm" " for our pets, kids and grown ups too!
This article and information forms part of the Carole's Doggie World Holistic Library and is presented for informational purposes only.The information is not intended to be a substitute for visits to your local vet. Instead, the content offers the reader information researched and written by Carole Curtis for www.carolesdoggieworld.com